Aylesford, Kent ME20 7BX, United Kingdom, Other
Chapels and tourist attraction
beautiful buildings, chapels and walk ways, dating back from 1242, now parts of this is a tourist attraction but all monies raised is used to maitain the buildings so everyone can enjoy them
Architect Builder Engineer:
1247 the Bishop of Rochester offically recognised the Carmelite Foudation, this effectively changed the lifestyle of the Carmelites from hermits to mendicant friars.
The Friars Aylesford Priory,first home to the Carmelite Friars in 1242. We are open everyday dawn to dusk, addmission is free. we are a centre for pilgrimages, conferences, retreats and a guest house. West barn house a shop and refreshments, newly opened restaurant in Pilgrims Hall