The B&O Railroad and the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal arrived in Brunswick in the same year, 1834. The original town was located between the rail tracks and the canal which bordered the Potamac River. The current town is located north of the tracks. In 1907 the B&O Railroad completed the Brunswick rail yard which was use to make up trains which were headed eastbound or ones headed westbound. At the time it was the largest and busiest such facility in the world.
This Queen Anne style station was designed by E. Francis Baldwing in 1907. It is a contributing property to the Brunswick Historic District which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It was the last station on the CSX System to have a human ticket agent.
Queen Anne Style